THE FLOW OF IDEAS IN THE BATIK PROCESS

I have realised that painting in the batik medium is a very interesting process in which almost everything is possible. Right from the idea popping up into the brain of an artist up to the finished batik, many unexpected things happen. I am one of the artists who hate sticking to the original sketch. Once i begin the transfer of the sketch to the fabric, i start editing the sketch, making changes here and there. The final product becomes something related to the sketch in subject matter but not similar to it.

However during the application of colours, i have to stick to my original colour scheme, even though a relentless urge keeps dragging me to the direction of changing my original colour plan. I have realised that this is something i have to deal with in the studio especially if it concerns an order with strict subjects and colour schemes.

The room to adjust at a short notice makes the batik process a favourite medium to both artists and to people who enjoy exploration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ELEPHANT BATIK ART