IN THIS PAINTING I WAS FREEING MYSELF FROM BLACK AND WHITE



This is my latest project titled SHARING KNOWLEDGE (2009) on cotton 33x22 inches in size. I was researching about using my patterns or motifs against a color background. This is the fifth project on the same subject above and it's new ground that i had long feared to break because of the risk of producing a dull picture. I used light colors except the middle background, to be able to bring out the black patterns. I wanted to show a discussion that could take place between mothers, which could range from child feeding, contraception, cheating husbands etc. This painting is rich with my original handmade motifs/patterns that have taken me 7 years to perfect. It is on sale now and i'll be showing it this Friday at our weekly artists fare at the railway yard near Mukwano industries in Kampala.

For iformation about this and many other paintings by me please feel free to email me at ldominic2008@gmail.com or call +256 772357756.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ELEPHANT BATIK ART