THE FINISHED LION BATIK

LION FAMILY (2011)
SIZE: 3ft x 3ft
STATUS: Commission


The lion batik is already finished. This is commissioned work by a client in the US that took me weeks to finish. I used 5 pictures of lions from 4 wildlife magazines. It was quite a challenge getting these pictures together. First of all, four of the 5 pictures had scattered cubs and female lions but no male lion. I decided to construct 2 sketches that didn't have a male lion but on a closer look I realised that the painting will not be 'loud' without a male lion. The problem was that the only picture of a male lion that I could find was a head of about 2x1 inches and facing left. I thank God that I was able to turn the head facing left into a lion standing and facing right with the whole family and bringing the scattered family together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ELEPHANT BATIK ART