Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

ELEPHANT BATIK ART

In this new work I'm focusing on wildlife and elephants in particular. I have done several paintings on elephants. This one is a little more interesting as it shows part of the face, particularly, the eye. Emphasis is on a network of skin wrinkles on the face of an old matriarch or the lead cow. I did it with a modern approach making it a 'modern elephant'.

LADIES DRESSED IN TRADITIONAL UGANDAN DRESS, THE BUSUUTI

This new project has 6 batiks in a set showing the rich colors and art found on the traditional Ugandan dress, the GOMESI or BUSUUTI. The women use this dress on traditional functions like weddings and introductions.The size of each batik painting is 40x30 inches. NOT FOR SALE.

USING SAME COLOR THEME TO SHOW UNITY

This small batik SHARING KNOWLEDGE(2010) 10"X16" , I brought together 3 characters in a conversation. I took time to unify them with the same dress code (Masai). Using the same color theme, i was successful in shading light and dark tones in the dressing and the result was stunning. This is one of my favorite batiks.